Well we all know how famous I've become at misplacing just about everything, (including my mind somedays) but I've committed the ultimate crime, I've lost my wedding ring. Not misplaced but lost. I can't find it anywhere. The last time I remember having it was when I took it off to give the boys a bath, then I placed it on the bathroom counter. I'm not sure this was the last time I had it, it's just the last time I remember having it. Well I'm usually not so dumb to leave it around where it's in Bronson territory, but where could it be? I have checked and rechecked all of the usual ring residences over and over. Why isn't it there? Did I put it someplace bizarre and just forgot to remind myself to get it out of that place? No, I never do that. Well there is a million places that it could be, but why would it be in any of those places, I always put it in the same spots. Oh no, maybe Bronson really did get a hold of it and it's really gone forever, flushed down the toilet, down the sink, or into the garbage can. NOOOOOO! This is my wedding ring it's not really gone forever is it? Well since it's been two weeks and it still hasn't turned up anywhere that is becoming a very good possibility. and now here's Paul Harvey with "the rest of the story"
Talk about the worst feeling, you're ring is the one thing you can keep forever that has a lot of meaning, ya know? I'm really having a hard time wrapping my mind around the thought that it is buried at the dump. Jared decided to go buy one of those cameras on the end of a long skinny wire, I guess they are used for detecting pipe corrosion. It was the only way he could reach the pea traps for our tubs. After he'd checked the sinks and came up empty handed (well I shouldn't say that, he did recover a tooth brush and a pair of tweezers that Bronson had put down the drain) he decided we'd better give it a try.
Well on Saturday Jared and I were able to go to the temple. I won't admit how long it's been since we've gone but it was a VERY long time. I remember thinking on the way there, maybe we'll find my ring today since we finally made it back to the temple. So that night we had the camera ready to go but unfortunately no luck, again. Well, I'm just gonna have to start tearing the house apart, and search everywhere, I don't want to give up yet. Sunday morning I was getting Levi dressed after his bath. He was on his changing table. Above his changing table are two little shelves, I have used these shelves before to put my ring on when I put lotion on Levi, but like I said I've already checked these places over and over, it's not there. I'm not even sure I remember this right, it's still kind of a blur, but for some reason I had moved the bottle of sand on the shelf, and really I don't know why, honestly I don't remember even moving it, I just remember that when I looked up, the sand bottle was moved over from it's normal spot, and there it was, my ring! AHHH, Jared! Guess what I found? Well I can make some guesses as to how it got there but they don't really matter, what does matter is that my wedding ring is safely back on my finger and I am 100% positive it was a temple blessing that we found it.
6 comments:
That is exactly why I never take mine off. Not to play volleyball, not to bathe children etc.
Awwww, so glad you found it! That was quite an entertaining post. I could hear your voice through the whole thing. Really fast at the beginning. Even the little sqeak at the end when you said, ahhh Jared, guess what I found!
Wish I was so lucky and could find my diamond. Glad you were blessed! That is awesome!
Oh, I love happy endings! I'm glad you found it! Things like that just give you a pit in your stomach feeling!
(deleting your blog does too, story on that later)
Yes, squeeky voices make stories much more entertaining Steph. I'm going again on Friday since one round obviously didn't do the trick.
Phew, glad you found it. I guess I should go to the temple too. Maybe it will help me find my patience.
so glad you found it. That is one of my worst fears. I had a really bad habit of putting lotion on in the car, I would put my rings in my lap and then forget about them... I don't do that anymore. :)
Post a Comment