things to consider if attending a demolition derby
#1 - arrive early so you don't have to sit on the front row
# 2 - if you are late you will have to park very far away,
don't forget the stroller
# 3 you will need to apologize to your sleeping baby
#4 - don't forget the earplugs, not for the noise but to
keep flying dirt out of your ears
#5 expect an adrenaline rush
(one that may leave you up blogging much too late)
#6 have fun
It's been over 8 years since Jared and I went on our first date - a demolition derby. I'd forgotten how much fun they are. No wonder we fell in love :) I'm not sure if taking two babies was the smartest move but they did pretty good. I think Bronson may have enjoyed watching the cars being towed away just as much as the crashing. (he has a thing for trucks and tractors these days) It was a lot of fun to watch him get excited and clap his hands "awright!" This derby has grown a ton and is much better than it was about 5 years ago when we last saw it. We couldn't stay till the end of course, but still had lots of fun. We might start making a tradition out of it. Nothing says a good time like loud, smoking, rusty old cars crashing into each other at high speeds.
4 comments:
Cute, looks like fun! Not a lot of thing you actually don't want front row seats for. Shamu show's about the only other one I can think of....oh and the movies! :) That Bronson makes me smile. "awight" so cute! Way to be so adventureous, you're a brave soul...
"what's wrong with rusty old cars?"
that looks like fun!! Is there a point to demolition derby's? Do you win if your car stays together the longest...sorry never been to one, but it looked like fun! I forgot that is what you guys did on your first date...funny!
cute little boys, I loved when Jared tried to cover Bronson's eyes, and he would have nothin to do with it! So cute!
Fun! I love demo derbies:-). I'm glad your two little ones were good even with all that noise.
Demo derbies are the best!
Post a Comment