8.23.2009

Boating

"Captain, iceberg ahead."
"Hmmm, I wonder what these buttons do?"
This past Saturday we were able to go to Pineview with our neighbors the Stuarts.  As you can see as long as Bronson was driving the boat he was pretty happy.  It was a very busy day.  We waited about an hour and a half just to get in, the parking lot was full so they could only let boats in if boats were coming out.  After a long and hot wait we finally unloaded and we all went for a dip to cool off.  It was pretty tricky trying to do anything, the water was very choppy and there were literally boats everywhere, you wouldn't believe it unless you saw it.  We still had a lot of fun catching some rays, hanging out with friends, and playing with steering wheels.
"beep beep"
"whoa"
To sum it all up here's Jared the self proclaimed hydrophobic, 
designated flag twirler,
and here's me, the self proclaimed wimp and first time wake boarder,
actually I don't even deserve that title, since the only success I had
with it was getting it on.
(look closely and you can see me at the end of the rope)
Yikes, my nose is still burning from the few gallons of lake water I got to ingest.  I better go work out A LOT before do that again.  It's a harsh reality that over the past three years I've traded in what little muscle I had for jell-o, and now the water level and Pineview has dropped because . . . . . . . . . . .  well, I drank it all. 

6 comments:

Steph said...

Very cute, did you try ski's? Come on Shell I thought you were a pro! Sorry about the lake water, that hurts! Love the capt'n pictures, what a boy!

Amber said...

looks like fun, well until I read the part about ingesting lake water! I like the flag twirler picture though!

Mel said...

Looks like you had fun!! Nothing beats a day a the lake!!

Heather said...

Sounds like a crazy day at the lake. You decide to talk to the fishies instead of actually wake board huh? not nice of you to drink all their water though.

lhhadley said...

hahaha! I love your posts... they make me laugh:)

Julie said...

I didn't know Jared loved the water so much!(wink)You poor thing sucking up gallons of lake water. At least Bronson got to drive the boat a bit.