5.13.2008

haPpY biRthDaY!



Jared has reached the 10th anniversary of his 18th birthday! We had a little birthday/mother's day party on Sunday complete with a custom Scooby Doo cake. Inspired by my cake decorating friends and family I decided to do something a little out of the ordinary, (cupcakes) and make something incredible (the Mystery Machine)! But ever since . . . oh about the age of three, any project that I try requiring some sort of artistic talent usually ends up . . . uh . . . . . . not as I imagined. I guess I shouldn't be surprised considering that my idea of fine art is being able to stay in the lines of a coloring book. My friends will be working on their "Sistine Chapels" while I work with all my might to color the familiar front yard scene, you know, the one with the house, tree, flowers, sunshine, and maybe a puppy if I'm not too exhausted. :) Anyway hopefully it's the thought that counts! These are just some of our recent photos that I thought I'd share. (the tiny baby is Bronson's new cousin Brock)

Scooby -"Rambergers where are rou?"
"Rall rou can eat? Rahhhhhh!"
"Roh boy, Roh boy!"

Girl scout -"Would you like to buy a box of cookies?"
Missionaries-"Excuse me, have you heard the good news?"
Scooby - "Ra, rit's cookies!"

Scooby - "Rearch for clues, rearch for clues, hmmm."
Shaggy - "Those aren't clues Scoob, those are just things you want. Like why is a toilet brush a clue?"
Scooby - "Rooby dooby doo."

Happy Birthday Scooby, love Velmster. :)

2 comments:

Heather said...

You are such a liar!The "Mystery machine" turned out absolutely fabulous. You have talent.

p.s. none of mine turn out how I imagine either. :( I hope you had a great day.

melissa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.