The tree went from looking like it belonged in a ski lodge to something a bit more bright and glittery.
I still don't know how to decorate my porch but will definitely be doing some big planters in the spring.
We decided to get some new lights and went with the wide angle leds, red, pure white, and green. They seem to add a fun atmosphere compared to the old c9 whites, but I do still love warm white Christmas lights. Jared was a trooper, there are few things he more than get on our steep roof.
I think going to the Festival of Trees is going to be a permanent part of our Christmas season. I love it. However I loved it a lot more when we went on a Wednesday morning not a Friday night, and boy was it freezy outside. The gingerbreads are still my favorites. If I was a little ginger girl looking at real estate - these were some of my picks.
But we still feel pretty blessed to be able to pull up to such a beautiful home everyday.
In fact we are way too blessed - it actually makes me nervous.
Because the weather has been so cold and Bronson is a pure snow dog, we cheated and opened some winter gear a little early. Super warm socks, base layer uh . . . I forget what they are called, warm hats, gloves and jackets that can actually be used in car seats. I've decided snow clothes are something we need more then one set of. Bronson would play all night and not even notice his face is purple with chill and his fingers and toes aren't working. Hopefully those super freezy days are behind us, but we would love some new fresh snow for the sledding hill out back. It has become quite the neighborhood hill and got so icy they could sled past the property line, which is pretty good considering it is only about a 5 foot hill.
After a fun RS dinner we decided to start a new tradition in our family this year, something we have been hoping to do for the past 10 years we just haven't quite hit the nail on the head yet. We are doing the 12 days of Christmas! My sisters, mom, and I each take a couple of days to plan an activity or special gift for each family to help us realize that Christmas isn't about presents but spending time together, serving others, and making memories. So far it has been a great success and I expect will keep getting better with each year. Merry Christmas. I hope I get a huge helping of patience, or rather behavior from my kids that doesn't require huge doses of patience :)
No comments:
Post a Comment