11.14.2013

bye-bye baby curls

Blake's hair has gotten much more course as he had gotten older.  He can have some pretty crazy hair in the morning.  After this last one, I couldn't take it anymore.  Although curls are cute I just think ALL BOYS, look better with short hair. So we took the final plunge to say goodbye to Blake's baby curls, or as pictured here, his baby nap.
 
 He didn't know he was about to get a haircut, Bronson and Levi's face is much different before a buzz.  He did pretty good, giggling so cute and raising his shoulders when I was trying to get the bottom of his head by his neck.  

 So handsome.  Although you can't tell from the pictures Blake had a rough couple of days with hand foot and mouth disease.  We had one of the worst nights I ever remember having with any of my babies, he was beyond consolable for about 2.5 hours, about 10:30 to 1:00am.  It's awful when you don't know what to do.  Levi ended up catching the bug as well.  At first I thought it wouldn't be such a big deal for him because he is older and tougher.  Then we looked in his mouth after a day of no appetite and another day of crying about his mouth.  Then the way Blake was acting started to make a bit more sense.  I had no idea HFM was so awful.  Levi's sores are giving him a much harder time than Blake's did, mouth pain being the only and major complaint of all this fun.  But it's really not a big deal we just get to spend lots of time by ourselves this week.

 Blake has found his feet and is walking all over.  The past 4 days he's really gotten a lot of confidence and steadiness walking.  He is still getting lots of teeth that seem like they take forever to make it through.  He is cutie, and a stinker, in one smily package.

 I've been wanting to redo our tree to make it a little brighter and kid friendly.  
It has been fun finding stuff, hopefully it will come together once it's time for the tree. 
 So this is the pintrest idea, and this is my version.  
Mistake #1 - I didn't by canvas as instructed, mostly because it's 9.99 yd
Mistake #2 - I didn't buy canvas once I realized I really should have used canvas.
I ended up using 4 times the amount of fabric that the recipe called for (which ended up being more than the canvas would have been anyway).  I had to go back to the store 3 times to get more fabric and pins.  My stripes are much thinner, although packed with about 6 yards of fabric.  So about 700, 4 in squares later I ended up with this.  I still like it but will surly be making a lot of adjustments if I ever make one again.
In other news, Bronson has lost 2 teeth, and it seems as though the more info he gets at school the more basic knowledge he is loosing.  For example he didn't know how to draw a rectangle and couldn't name the 4 seasons . . . really?  The reality of school is scaring me a bit.  Apparently we need to be working on more subjects than just reading.  The more he's been writing his name the worse it looks.  I think he is just in a hurry, has a very small attention span, and I know he doesn't test well.  There are things he knows but when he's nervous his response is, "I don't know, or I forgot."  Hopefully we can help him with his confidence because I know he is very smart, but he's not doing the greatest job showing it at school.

1 comment:

Our Family said...

Cute kids, I can't believe how old Bronson is looking. Grif just discovered he has two loose teeth, it's been big news! Most of my kids have done that during testing at school, I wouldn't stress too much. I love the tree decorations, I can't wait to see it completed.