11.02.2013

California 1 of 4

Get ready for bookoo pictures.
(to see all vacation posts you will have to click on the blog archive, California Adventure doesn't come up on my computer, I'm not sure why)
 Off we go . . . after an excited count down we finally made it to vacation week.  Bronson and Levi both loved flying.  The bummer was the window placement didn't match the seat placement.  So looking out was a bit uncomfortable and made me a bit sick.  But we made it safe and sound.  We left Blake home with Grandma and Grandpa Hardy.  This was our first vacation we have ever taken by ourselves.  Now I guess we are grown ups.
 Saturday was beach day, so after we got settled and unpacked we got dressed for the beach.  We stopped to see Newport Beach Temple which was very pretty.  It was a bit awkward to have our kids in swim suits but I'm glad they got to see a temple on vacation.


 The weather in the afternoon was very warm - ahhh!





 The man behind the camera - Bronson
 Then off to the beach.  I-phones sure make driving in strange places easy, as long as the battery doesn't die.  Newport beach was a great beach.  We couldn't be fully prepared for a day at the beach when you live a hotel but we had fun.  The boys were crying when we left because they wanted to swim in the pool but once we got to the beach they forgot all about the pool.

 I learned early on that getting the kids to pose for a picture this trip wasn't going to be an easy task.

 The water was much warmer than I thought it would be.  The ocean made me a bit nervous with kids  but they still had fun jumping over waves.





 the could have played in the sand all day
 levi's race track




 pretty impressive just using your hands







1 comment:

Haley Hill said...

So fun! The Newport temple is awesome! We went there a few years ago and it is such a gorgeous (and richy rich) area!