11.24.2012

Delayed

Well move-in day is going to be a few weeks later than hoped for.  It seems all the technical final details are a big pain.  Jared has been working so hard finishing up the tile and building cabinets, I feel so bad for him.

I don't mean to sound ungrateful or unappreciative of all of Jared's hard work, and all those who have helped us.  We are so blessed to be able to have a new home, but building a house is incredibly annoying, disappointing, frustrating, and not at all worth the year of separation it has cost us. I don't even enjoy going over there, every time something goes wrong it makes me crazy but I can't go crazy because Jared is the builder.  So I've been removing myself from it and now it just feels like . . . I don't know.  It is a weird thing to describe I guess.  A part of me just wants to sell it and buy something else using the sweat equity and have a nice small mortgage on a nice small little house.  I feel no connection to this house right now except annoyance.

My opinion, building a home is over-rated, terribly, horribly, over-rated!

No comments: