It was very nice to get some snow before Christmas. Davis came over to play one day and the boys got busy playing out in the snow.
On Christmas Eve Morning we went to see Star Wars. It was fun.
Christmas Eve Night, getting ready to open their 1 gift.
It wasn't all smiles and giggles I'm afraid. Levi was completely mad about his very cute and special Rudolph jammies because they had buttons on them . . . sometimes I think he just looks for reasons not to like things. After a good 45 min to an hour he finally calmed down and swallowed a big piece of 6 year old humble pie and decided he liked them. Which was a big relief, his attitude gets in the way of him having fun lots of times and it makes me sad but this night I'm glad he realized he didn't want Christmas to be miserable because of jammies . . . which of course he actually loves. Whoever said boys aren't dramatic needs to come hang out at our house.
I can't remember why Blake was mad, I know Jared and I looked at each other a few times that night and just let out big sighs. Christmas is getting complicated it seems as the boys are growing older and I don't like it. Honestly Christmas hasn't ever been a favorite holiday of mine since we got married, it's sad to say really, hopefully we can get things turned around.
Austin is always so easy to please, he loved his new zippy. Levi . . . oh he is something sometimes. But even with that halfway rocky Christmas Eve it ended up finishing much better. We did have a great Christmas and are very blessed in every possible way. It is sad however that the holiday to celebrate our Savior has become a holiday that you really have to work at to keep the focus there. We try of course to keep Him in it but ya . . . Christmas is a weird holiday where the actual point of it is very distorted. This is turning into a gloomy Christmas post. . . sorry.
Nothing beats Christmas tree lights late at night.
Santa came to the basement this year which was fun.
Levi camped in Blake's room (in his cute reindeer jammies). This was the big surprise of the night because Levi never wants to go to bed and comes out of his room so many times before he finally goes to sleep while we lay by him. He takes a long time to unwind, but on Christmas Eve he went right to sleep. . . I guess he knew the benefit of getting to bed early on this night. I love these boys, they are little pills and little sweethearts.
Bronson slept on the floor in our room but I didn't get his pic.










No comments:
Post a Comment