November seems somewhat of a big blur clouded by vomit, diarrhea, rashes, coughs, sore throats, aches and fevers . . . . This winter has brought one thing right after the other, most days I feel very low and empty like I'm failing in life in a major way. I know some major refocusing needs to take place because making it through each day feeling alone and exhausted is draining who I am. But we are still making it one day at a time and are very blessed with so much, truly I have nothing to complain about. Austin is getting so big finding out how to break into cupboards and drawers, crashing Blake's choo choos, and just being a big sweetie pie. He is so happy even when he is sick, he is so patient even when his turn is last, he is so sweet and a light in our home.
We love this little boy!
Keeping an aquarium isn't as simple as we hoped, we had a yucky fungus in our tank and had to start over. Levi came with me and helped pick out new decor and fish for round #2. At least it doesn't seem like a major family tragedy to lose a fish, thank heavens, we've lost a few.
This year was my year to be the family cheer mister. Jared has been the pm of the new Road Home winter overflow shelter in Midvale, so we went and had a tour just prior to completion. Rather than drawing names this year we collected donations to take down to the shelter where people literally have nothing. It's very sad and almost unbelievable how different life can be for people living in our community, to say nothing about the whole world. Jesus Christ truly is the only one who can save this crazy world. It's overwhelming to think of the power of the atonement. The gospel plan is incredible, and unfortunately so incredibly easy to take for granted.
I'm afraid I grow a little impatient waiting to give my kids Christmas gifts when the gift is something I want them to use for the first half of winter as well. So prior to Christmas they got some Christmas jammies, a new fleece blanket, shoes, and new jackets. One day I'm gonna have to be patient and have them wait till Christmas.
We had a slight break in illness (not really) but enough to host Thanksgiving at our house this year. It was a fun day, it's kinda nice to not have to pack up and go somewhere but have everyone come to your house. We had a delicious fun day together.





No comments:
Post a Comment