We had another rough week of cold's and poor little Austin went to the doctor on his birthday for an ear infection and croup. He has been having a such a hard time sleeping lately and he normally is such a good sleeper. His actually birthday was a very rough day. So this was the only picture I got of him. Being a baby is a hard job. I am so grateful for this sweet little baby. He is the light of our home. The happiest, easiest, most patient, little giggler I know. He loves baths and getting into his brothers toys and other treasures. I need to get a good giggle video soon. Any who when I think back to his actual birthday well is one of my favorite days to remember, everything went so smoothly and after such a horrible exhausting pregnancy it was such a relief to have him here all 8lbs 15oz of him. We got to keep him and just love on him for about 3 hours before they took him to get cleaned up. It was pure heaven. Then pretty soon all of his blood sugar and jaundice issues started. I feel so blessed to have this little boy as part of our family, and with 3 crazy older brothers I think he's gonna be one sweet tough little cookie. Love you Ausin J!
3 days later Dec 14, Austin finally got to have his party. Which happened to be the same day as the first snow storm of the year! Just in time too, I couldn't take much more of the doom and gloom winter we'd been having so far. The beautiful white snow brought a lot of light and brightness, it felt to me a tender mercy, like a new start, time to say good bye to the dead and ugly. Jared and I actually had a pretty good fight last night but I've learned we really need to get things resolved that night because I hate going to bed angry and we have done it so many times. But we were able to finally come to a happy resolve, and afterwards it felt like such a relief of a heavy black burden. I guess a good fight can be a good thing cause then you get to make up :) and today has been a much better day than I've had in a long time. I am very grateful and blessed to be married to Jared. I've always known it but it feels good to feel it. Any who here are some of the days activities, it was a good day.
Bronson the snowblower
this box looks like a fun thing to climb on
if that is a professional cake I don't know what is . . .
Two little cupcakes down the hatch, no problem.
Oh, was I supposed to save you some . . . too bad.
Ended the night taking some snow pictures of the lights then ventured to the neighbors as well. Ah wonderful snow. I hope we don't see the grass till March.
the lights looked pretty cool covered in snow
Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night.





No comments:
Post a Comment