1.25.2014

Christmas

Thank heaven for a snowy December.  Although our hill is little, it has provided countless hours 
of entertainment for lots of kids.  We love it.  Bronson made his first attempt down on a snowboard.  
He was pretty excited about it.

We started a new tradition this year doing the 12 days of Christmas.  The point being to remember that Christmas is about time with family and fun memories and of course the Savior.  My favorite day was sledding day, and a fun way to celebrate Grandpa's birthday.  There may have been a few crashes but we had a great time.  Grandma had yummy hot chocolate and treats for us afterwards.













another day we made candy trains

and a Christmas banner.  But probably the most magical thing we got to do was a trip to one of Santa's special factories.  He surprised us with this letter on Christmas Eve.  Levi had asked Santa for a Rudolph pet who's nose lights up (and kept saying how excited he was to have his own reindeer) so Santa got busy on Christmas Eve!  It was very fun.

Dear Bronson, Levi, and Blake, 

Merry Christmas Eve!  I hope you are having fun with Mom and Dad at Home.  I'm sending you this magical letter so you know I am on my way! In fact, as you read this, I am already halfway to Utah, and your presents are with me! 

I know you are really wishing for a reindeer pet with light up nose, rocket boosters and trains.  Please remember that I try very hard to choose the perfect gift for you each year. Sometimes it is exactly what you are wishing for, and sometimes, it is something you haven't even thought of! When you open it, you will see that Santa really knows what makes you happy! 

I was trying to think of something extra special because I know you have been trying hard to be good.  I know you have been doing some special activities with your family this Christmas to remember Jesus and spend time together.  That makes Santa very happy.  So I sent an email to your mom and dad and they said it would be okay if I could choose an activity for your last day of Christmas.  Instead of my elves making a special reindeer pet for you Levi, I thought it would be fun for you and your brothers to go to one of my special workshops and you will each get to make your very own special pet or Christmas friend.  I hope this pet with remind you how much Santa loves you and wants you to be good.  It especially makes me very happy when you use kind words, help your mom and dad, play nicely, and eat all of your vegetables.  I know you are such nice boys and will be able to find a very special person to share your five dollars with to help them have a very Merry Christmas.

Now I know you're excited Bronson, Levi, and Blake, but please try your best to go to sleep as quickly as you can tonight! Remember, I can't come in until you're asleep!! 
Lots of love, Santa
and with that we headed to one of Santa's special workshops and Levi was able to find exactly what he wanted.  (Talk about a Christmas Eve Miracle)  We all loved it, 



It is now almost the end of January and it is pretty rare to see Levi without his reindeer right by his side, he LOVES him.  Bronson chose a very cute Frosty.  It was even better that we found some deals so it didn't break Santa's bank.  This surly has changed they way I think about gifts for my kids.  He has been happier with this reindeer than all of his other presents combined. 
We also made a quick stop to Uncle Jeff's house that didn't go so great but at least I tried.  Then we finished our 12 days by taking some treats to the fire station.  It was a great Christmas Eve, we may have had pb and j for dinner but it was really a magical day.  So fun!
Good pictures seem to be getting harder and harder to take but here is 
what we caught of Christmas morning.




Grandma's super heros
and future mommies
It seems awful to say but Christmas Day is actually one of Jared and mines least favorite days of the year.  It is too crazy and exhausting running from place to place.  I hate having to be places at certain times to cram in food and gifts as fast as you can then move to the next.  Hate, hate, hate it.  I wish there was an easy fix, and that Christmas day could be more of a fun relaxing day but so far we haven't ever seen this. So until we figure something out Christmas day, at least after our morning at home isn't our favorite.
the day after Christmas is when they actually got to play with their toys . . . 
Bronson got battleship and he has had fun playing it.  This is his board when he was playing against Jared and won.  You can see Jared's guesses at the bottom strategically placed, where as Bronson's on the top is probably the worst strategy ever - yet he won.  I laughed a lot when I saw it.  

On a Saturday when Jared was working in the basement Bronson headed outside by himself and shoveled the whole driveway. . . he brought big smiles to our faces.

Here we are now is 2014, time is flyin'.

No comments: