7.12.2010

Moab

Jared and I just returned from a long weekend to Moab, kid free thanks to Grandma and Grandpa. Jared had to go down for work and since he'd never been to Arches befor we made a little vacation out of it. It was hard to be away so long, but I survived. We had a great time. Here is a very small sample of some of the things we saw.
Day 1 - Dead Horse Point at sunset
driving back

too bad he had to get up early to go to work
Day 2, Park Ave, Balanced Rock, the Windows section, and Delicate Arch
Mr. Elephant
Double Arch is a great one, it's huge and cave like, easy to get
to but you can do a little climbing and exploring if you like

Delicate Arch

Day 3 - Devil's Garden - Landscape Arch, Double O Arch, Navaho Arch, Partition, Pinetree, and Tunnel. We didn't make it up to see Dark Angel at the very top of the loop, going to Double O about did us in. Actually it was an awesome hike, a little long but worth it. It's amazing how much my balance has changed since I was a teen ager, and next time I go, I'll be sure to have my tennis shoes tied tightly. Jared was a nice little walking stick for me, helping me over the tricky parts, at least tricky for me.
We had to hike across the top of a fin to get to double O, when the pamphlet says "some exposure to heights" they aren't kidding. It was a little daunting but we made it.
the bottom O of Double O


After 4 hours in Devils garden Jared was a bit sore. I wanted to take him to Sand Dune Arch but they were redoing the parking lot for the short walk and the 2 mile walk on a sand trail didn't sound like too much fun, so we headed back took a nice dip in the pool and had Prime Rib for dinner. Ya it was fun, we never could have done any of that with the boys with us.
Day 4 - Lazy morning, drove home - (Moab is a horrible drive) and kissed my babies! Thanks Mom and Dad and Morgan and Steph and Geoff, we owe ya.

No comments: