
When people ask me what shows I watch . . . . well I'll just say it's no longer Survivor, The Office, or even Biggest Loser. Nope, the times I do get to turn on TV and watch for myself, I will most likely be watching, Supernanny, 19 kids and Counting, and once in a while, Oprah or Full House :). Anyway I really like watching the transformations of families, and although we may not be as extreme as most of her cases we definitely have our share of breakdowns. So in hopes to help our family stay on track, and to help the FIRSTS, get done first (you know like blowing bubbles) I decided to pull out my crafting box, the one with safety scissors and crayons that is, and attempt to make something for much less than found in your favorite catalog and mine, PB.

The first time I saw those cork boards I loved them,
simple, practical, functional, cute!
(too bad good cork so expensive)
Well here is a look at my not so expensive cork, styrofoam mod podge letters, and ruler ribbon. Painting and tracing these letters was a bit of a pain. Wood would have been much easier, but at least they are light weight, and even though they are very far from perfect, I think they are good enough for our purposes. The HR is for house rules, and now if Jo would just come over and make a schedule for us :)
Speaking of Supernanny, we were getting a bit frustrated with Bronson's "naughty spot." He has become a very good little manipulator and knows how to distract us and frankly it has just become a big joke. He doesn't take it seriously anymore. We've starting reading 123 Magic and so far have LOVED IT. It makes WAY TOO MUCH SENSE, and just about every page we have read feels like it was written for us. I would recommend this to anyone who is around kids, parent or not, it has a ton of really helpful info. Anyway hopefully we can keep are priorities on target and have lots of fun with our cute little boys.
4 comments:
Thanks for the book recommendation. I'll give it a read. Your boards look cute. Maybe I am just really slow, but what is HR? I love the ideas you give me.
Those turned out really good! I'll have to check out that book, we need all the help we can get with our Sassy little girls. ;)
The boards turned out so cute! I can't wait to see the whole room put together! I know it will be great, because you have great taste!
Love these boards! They are so cute. So, do you use them for weekly schedules?
Cute birthday and Easter pics too. Glad that kid finally got to have a party:)
Post a Comment