On April 4 Levi finished his antibiotic for his 6th set of ear infections. On Friday the 9th we had his pre-op appointment and both ears were still "miserably infected." Since he was scheduled for his tubes on Monday so we couldn't do another round of antibiotics, this made for a very long, miserable weekend - after a long miserable week. Monday morning could not come soon enough. Well with a few rough nights we made it through to Monday and with the instant relief that we knew would be coming, we were nothing but excited for Levi, even though there were a few tears. In our hurry to leave I forgot to grab the camera to get pics of our cute little patient, and boy has he been patient. Waking up from the anesthesia was the worst part, he just didn't know what to do with himself. Once we got in the car he did a lot better. After a good morning nap he was acting a lot more like himself. Over the next few days his ear(s) were draining like crazy, no wonder he was so miserable. I don't mean to be gross but we covered the bottom of our garbage cans with q-tips used for scooping out pus. Well I wish the story had a happy ending here but we have had another LONG week. Bronson came down with pink eye and a horrible cough, and Levi has had a fever since early Thursday morning. Jared and I aren't feeling too hot either. So the doc said to give Levi Tylenol (whoopee) and he goes in for his post-op on Tuesday. That seemed a little too long to wait so we bugged Uncle Wade (soon to be P.A.) and he had a look at his ears. It looks like his left ear tube could be plugged, ahhhhhhh. So hopefully sometime in the near future our lives will include a lot more sleep, a lot less motrin, and more smiles all around. And if that's not enough, I've gained 5 pounds this week, eating anything and everything I can possibly get my hands on. Someday I'll master turning to more positive outlets for stress, exhaustion, and the feeling of helplessness.
4.16.2010
a little more of our goings on
On April 4 Levi finished his antibiotic for his 6th set of ear infections. On Friday the 9th we had his pre-op appointment and both ears were still "miserably infected." Since he was scheduled for his tubes on Monday so we couldn't do another round of antibiotics, this made for a very long, miserable weekend - after a long miserable week. Monday morning could not come soon enough. Well with a few rough nights we made it through to Monday and with the instant relief that we knew would be coming, we were nothing but excited for Levi, even though there were a few tears. In our hurry to leave I forgot to grab the camera to get pics of our cute little patient, and boy has he been patient. Waking up from the anesthesia was the worst part, he just didn't know what to do with himself. Once we got in the car he did a lot better. After a good morning nap he was acting a lot more like himself. Over the next few days his ear(s) were draining like crazy, no wonder he was so miserable. I don't mean to be gross but we covered the bottom of our garbage cans with q-tips used for scooping out pus. Well I wish the story had a happy ending here but we have had another LONG week. Bronson came down with pink eye and a horrible cough, and Levi has had a fever since early Thursday morning. Jared and I aren't feeling too hot either. So the doc said to give Levi Tylenol (whoopee) and he goes in for his post-op on Tuesday. That seemed a little too long to wait so we bugged Uncle Wade (soon to be P.A.) and he had a look at his ears. It looks like his left ear tube could be plugged, ahhhhhhh. So hopefully sometime in the near future our lives will include a lot more sleep, a lot less motrin, and more smiles all around. And if that's not enough, I've gained 5 pounds this week, eating anything and everything I can possibly get my hands on. Someday I'll master turning to more positive outlets for stress, exhaustion, and the feeling of helplessness.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
and, Levi's 3rd bottom tooth has just come through :)
We had that pink eye and cold here too. I really hope you guys get feeling better soon and they can fix the ear tubes, poor little guy!
yuck! Are things going better today? I hope so!
Post a Comment