6.10.2008

"whoone, thwooo, ahhhhhhh!"


Okay so since I keep using movie lines in my posts, your challenge from now on is to reply with a line from the same movie, but I'm sure it will be pretty easy.

So I thought I would share my thoughts on something that is quite common but very weird.  I'm am very sorry to report that for the first time in my life I had a CAVITY.  When the dentist told me last week, he might as well have told me I had cancer, I was horrified.  How could something so terrible happen to little old me?  So I struggled to keep myself together but had to face the fact that I needed to make another apt.  Monday it is.  So I went to the dentist yesterday after being assured by my 4yr old niece Averi "it's okay Shelly, it's not scary."  So after my pep talk I marched off to battle.  As I'm sitting in the waiting room flipping through Life magazine the dentist walks through through the door with a Grinch like grin, anxiously strumming his fingers together.  "Um, can I have a sucker when I'm done" is all i can think to ask. Oh sure he replies.  Ha ha ha!

Step 1 - getting a q-tip stuck on my gum with what looks like hot wax, but tastes like bitter strawberry cough syrup. 
Step 2 - This huge needle out of no where is shoved into my gums
Step 3 - Uh, am I drooling, it feels like I'm drooling
Step 4 - You're gonna what with that drill?
Step 5 - Trying to keep my composure while the taste of burnt tooth shavings are flying around my mouth, listening to "We will rock you" over the radio, watching Sponge Bob on the ceiling t.v. and listening to my dentist tell a story about a garden snake in his back yard.  

(everyone knows I have this disease of laughing uncontrollably during the most inappropriate moments, this was no exception)

Step 6 - Why has my tooth turned into a miniature bird house?
Step 7 - still trying to keep my composure 
Step 8- Rubbing my tongue over and over this new gritty bump in the back of my mouth
Step 9 -  See that wasn't so bad, says the dentist
Step 10 - Trying to figure out why anyone would want to spend all that time and money going to school to do that kind of stuff?  (no offense) :)

Really it didn't even hurt, but some things in life are just a little,  AWKWARD, and when they are, I prefer to be asleep.  (that's why I couldn't wait to go to bed the first night of our honeymoon!  ha ha, just kidding) So that is the story of my first cavity.  And after all that he didn't even give me my sucker, what a jip! 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

"....Hey Wilson, you want to hear something ironic? Back home in Memphis my Dentist's name is Dr. Spalding."

Michelle said...

You cheater! Now you ruined it for everybody else, and you didn't even say it right.

Audra said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Audra said...

Sounds like torture to me...Your blog is very cute though, along with Bronson! Now you have a link to come visit ours! Sorry I didn't respond with a movie quote...maybe next time.

Mel said...

Ok, at least I figured out the movie, but really can't think of a line from it! I must admit that it took me a minute to figure out Michelle... the long time no see threw me off a little! I now pick up on the sarcasm... I'm just a little slow!! Your blog is so cute! It's always fun to discover a new blog, and we hope you keep visiting ours!!:)