This year we for Christmas we are doing a family activity each Saturday, the first week Melissa was in charge and we walked through the lights at Layton Park. Blake really loved it. He loved the lights and really loved being able to run around. It's crazy how big they are getting I remember taking Bronson and Levi when they were 2. Then we headed over for a pizza and hot chocolate party. It was a fun night. The highlight may have been having my sisters rub my feet trying to help baby move along, but so far I'm still here.
On Monday we were able to go down to the Festival of Trees, which I have really come to love. I almost didn't go after feeling pretty lousy all day, but I'm glad I did. I love love love the gingerbread houses, here are a few of our favorites.
But we may have gotten a little distracted when we came across the marble track from heaven. Bronson and Levi could have watched it all night, they love building marble tracks. It was amazing!
If I was looking to invest in gingerbread living I think I'd make an offer on this cozy cabin. Love it!
There are so many impressive trees and donations at the festival, this firefighter tree was pretty sweet.
Here is Grandma's year long project all put together - Over the river and through the woods. It did pretty well at the auction and sold to the owners of Burton Lumber.
She also did another tree with her girlfriends, I'll be home for Christmas. It also did great, they both turned out very cute. I think my mom may have caught a Festival of Trees bug. I don't think she wants to get rid of it any time soon though. Hopefully next year when I feel more like a person and less like a walrus I can contribute a bit more. It is a fun thing to be involved in.
I really would have loved to take this reindeer tree home, that is how I picture Christmas.
Jared's pick
and a few more favorites
I like Sven's tongue stuck to the ice - he's my favorite!
It's a good thing December has Christmas, because it has proven to be a pretty rough month so far. It seems like I have found a cycle of 1 good day, 1 bad day repeated 10 times. My baby is an acrobat, my family currently has colds, but all I know is the last month of pregnancy is a beast!
(Not that the first 8 were a walk in the park)
Can't wait to see his cute little face and hold him on the outside.
No comments:
Post a Comment