As soon as the snow melted and the dirt had dried out Jared got right to work on the yard. Day after stinking day, he didn't stop until he got it just right. Thankfully we survived a few weeks with a busy daddy but we have a very nice yard to show for it. You wouldn't believe all the hours it takes to make dirt pretty. On the bright side the boys had some fun memories on some tractors.
This is probably the main reason why we picked the lot we did, we really liked the view we'd have out our back window. Our backyard neighbor has the best looking yard ever, huge rocks, pretty pines, and super green grass. I bet he doesn't even fill one bag on his lawn mower each time he mows. It's nice to be in a neighborhood where everyone takes care of their yards. This was on a rainy may day and everything was so pretty and green.
Levi made it through his first year of preschool. He didn't always want to go but once he was there he loved it. He learned a ton and was always so excited to show me what he did that day. It's sure fun to have cousins in your class. Ms. Amber is the best! This was after their water day.Bronson has now graduated from preschool - gulp. He is so big and so smart, and soooo excited for kindergarten. I'm a little nervous, not for him but for me. My baby chicks are leaving the coop and it's a little scary to send them to a big school with big kids. I just want him to stay little and innocent. Anyway they had a fun graduation with lots of cute songs and parts. Bronson did great, he loves his teacher. :)
Memorial weekend turned into planting weekend. Bronson and Levi really love tri-city nursery - they have big wagons. They each had one with plants on it and Levi's ended up with a heavy pine tree but he still wanted to pull it. I said, "Good job Levi, you are so strong, where did you get those strong muscles?" He replied, "From Santa."
Bronson has been playing t-ball this past month with a couple of his best pals. Diamondbacks #2 is my MVP. 5 year old t-ball isn't the most exciting game but I think they are starting to catch on, sort of. Bronson does great. And now that we have a yard we can start playing more at home. His coach gave him the game ball last time after he threw the ball to left field instead of home . . . . he was pretty stoked showing everyone his game ball. It might be a keeper for the bookshelf. I just need to get his autograph on it.
Blake likes to help me cheer most days. He just went in for his 9 month check up and weighs 20lbs 13 oz. and 27 1/4 inches. His weight is in the 55%, height 22% and head 95%. He is about to get some teeth I hope. His gums have been so swollen and he's been pretty miserable some days. He has this new trick, actually old trick but now he's big enough that it's hurting him. He'll be sitting up and throw himself backwards either against me or the floor and of course bonk his head. Changing his diaper is no easy task either as he is constantly trying to escape. He is now taking baths without his baby tub which he loves. He has lots of fun splashing around and playing with toys. I haven't tried a bath seat because frankly I think his belly is too big but so far he has done okay without it. He is the cutest little talker when he gets going. Mostly he likes to say Dadda when he is happy. Usually Mamma comes out when he is sad . . . . :( Anyway hopefully these teeth will come in soon and the temper tantrums will lighten up. Good thing he's so cute.
So nice to see green.
I'm kind of a Charlie Brown gardner, I like simple and bright, and lilies, I love lilies.
No comments:
Post a Comment