10.11.2012

Bronson is 5

Bronson celebrated his 5th birthday.  He was so excited.  "Mom am I 5? Yep. Right now? Yep.
Wahoo! I'm a big boy."  The following day he asked me how many more days till his birthday.  We had fun at cherry hill golfing, and riding the tractor through the bone yard.  A trip worthy of repeating 3 times.  They loved it.  The maze and bounce house were fun too.  I love kid friendly halloween stuff.
We love our dad!
Cute boys checking out all the silly skeletons.  I liked the ones on the pool chairs
getting a tan.  We might not of followed golfing protocol but I think everyone had fun getting their 
balls in the hole, however they chose to do it.
The boys have really loved mini golfing this year and after I took them the day before I had Blake Bronson decided he wanted a golfing party at cherry hill.  And a golfing cake too.  Hmmmm, wasn't quite sure how to do that.  Then after a little google research I found a cake that I thought I could pull off.  I think I've graduated from kindergarten to first grade in my cake decorating skills :)  Bronson loved it so I was happy with it too.  I think I could really get into having my boys play golf.  No injuries, a game you can play forever, and not so competitive with crazy parents.  I'm just sayin', now if I could only afford a golf club membership.  
Bronson is a great kid.  He has him moments of trouble making of course, but he is a great helper and brother.  He also has a pretty tender heart and can be pretty sensitive if he gets embarrassed or feels bad.  He doesn't like being left out and is loving the independence of getting a little bigger and not needing mommy all the time.  It's a strange milestone when your kids start asking you if you can go shopping and drop them off somewhere and pick them up later.  
Baby Blake is a month old already and getting so big.  I love this boy.  He is my snuggle bug, and so cute.  I can't believe how fast he is growing.  I'm loving every stage.  I think with Bronson and Levi I was too tired to enjoy it fully, and probably depressed.  I've had a few days, but I'd say those were more husband blues than baby blues.  We miss daddy.  Anyway Blake is doing great, he is cute and round all over.  Bronson and Levi love him and are so sweet when they talk to him.  Bronson always comments how cute he is.  I'm so glad they love their little brother.  He is a gassy little boy but were working on fixing it.  He also has a purple faced cry and a little shiver of his tongue that sends his cry to a different level.  So sad.  He's inherited the chin shiver reflex from me I guess, or maybe it's because I was shivering a ton during labor and delivery???? When he nurses and starts his chin shiver, that's a funny feeling . . . I love his big lips, he'll be a great kisser someday I'm sure :)  Boys are great!
Bronson and Levi had fun helping grandma haul all of her pumpkins to the front.  Bronson is such a driver, and Levi is a great passenger, and back seat driver.  They are so cute when they are cute.
 We started using the swing as this boy prefers being held and rocked.  I don't blame him.  Hopefully having him learn to fall asleep won't be too hard once he has his own crib and room.
Levi I swear has grown a ton this past month, he is so big.  It's so weird because he has been my baby for so long.  He is a sweet boy as well.  His new quirk "shaking his booty"  I can't ever get video of his hilarious moves but we'll keep working on it.  He and Bronson are great friends.  He has picked up a lot of Bronson's phraseology.  Like - I have a great idea - I did this morning (all time to him is this or last morning).  He loves school and no longer cries when I drop him off.  He is liking growing up and being like Bronson.  He's a tank to hold and rock now, I swear he doubled in size but he is still my sweety boy.  Having Blake has really helped me appreciate motherhood and my little boys.  I love them lots and love being their mom.  This is a very fun time of life.

2 comments:

Heather said...

I can't believe Bronson is FIVE! wow time flies.
I love your cake! you are at least a sixth grader for your mad cake skills. Golfing sounds good to me too. maybe we should get into that...

lhhadley said...

I can't believe our boys will be in Kindergarten next year! I love the pumpkin pictures with the tractor...so cute:)