8.20.2011

hanging on to summer


I realized a few days ago that this summer has been 10 years since I met Jared. We used to celebrate our first date, or at least acknowledge it. This year it didn't even cross my mind until we were at the demolition derby (about 4 weeks late). Jared and I were set up on a blind date and we went to the demolition derby in Kamas. It has been a fun tradition to go each year. This time we didn't take the boys, which was a little sad and nice all at the same time. We were able to stay for the whole thing. Jared's co-worker Scott White was a driver. He made it to the main event and took a way hard hit, it was crazy, we'd never seen anyone hit so hard before and we had a front row seat of it too OUCH!. Luckily he wasn't injured, but possibly a little loopy afterwards :) Yikes! What we do for entertainment in America. Chad and Melissa's friend was also in the derby. He did great, he won his heat, and was also lucky to escape injury after rolling his car! Good times, good times, glad no one was hurt. But I'm even more glad to have spent the past 10 years with my best friend. I don't know what I'd do with out him!
Lagoona beach is a great place to cool off,
but a bit crowded the week before school starts.
Levi went on "the big choo choo tracks" with Melissa.
I think it may have stunned him a little
One of these times my posts will be a bit more interesting than a bunch of pictures
but today is not one of those times.

No comments: