"I'm so glad that he's my dad, I and know he loves me too."
In typical Michelle fashion I couldn't find my camera on Father's Day. Not only is Jared my best friend but I know he is Bronson and Levi's as well.
"That's my dad, he's my best friend, he's really awesome, he's perfect a me." - Bronson
Because Ragnar was the same weekend it felt more like a Mother's Day should feel than Father's Day. Jared was so sweet taking care of the boys and an exhausted me after getting no sleep from the previous 2 days.
A few weeks ago I started having A LOT of trouble with my left ankle. It was getting so it took about 4 to 5 days after running to be able to walk normally again, I wasn't sure if I'd be able to make it through the race. Luckily with a few tips from a nice neighbor, and
really nothing short of a miracle, my ankle had zero problems during the race. I took this picture at the beginning of the race because I wanted to see the difference of before and after. There was no need for the after picture because they looked just the same. I couldn't believe it. I haven't run without sore ankles for about 2 months, it was so weird.
The rest of my body however, I'm not sure how to even explain. Combining nerves, sick stomach, no sleep, zero appetite, made for little energy reserves. The entire thing was a huge challenge but with the help of my nice team and thoughts from family I made it through. I would do it again, even though during the race I said over and over how once was enough. It was a good experience. And if anyone is thinking of running Ragnar, may I suggest leg 3. It is by far the best one.Coming down from Avon pass, Michelle, Jenni, Mkell, Kira
My friend Jenni, her sister McKell, and Mom Jana. They were so cute and were
crying for each other along the whole race. Maybe someday I can run with my sisters.

Jana running up Avon Pass, she was amazing, this mountain was not only steep but horribly dusty. Note to self. Never run leg 5, bluh! Our team "E" for effort - finished in about 33 hours.



Thank you Ragnar for the self esteem boost, the lessons learned and 3 pounds lost.
We have done more than go to Lagoon this summer but it seems to be the only time I take any pictures. I need to do better. We have been doing a little redecorating in our bedroom which has been fun, Levi's tonsils are still touching both sides of his uvula, not fun. Bronson does a great job at make me laugh and scream. I prefer to laugh. I'm so grateful for my family, I love them lots and lots.
No comments:
Post a Comment