9.07.2010

to be like a child

Today I went down to the storage room trying to round up my empty jars and trying to figure out what we still haven't used that was bottled last year. I asked Bronson if he wanted to help me and of course he was very excited to do it. I had on box that was already full of jars so I pulled it out and set it down on the ground. The rest of the jars were scattered all over the shelves so I decided to grab a laundry basket and set them in there. "Okay Bronson, let's put all of the jars in the laundry basket," I said. After Bronson watched me place a couple of jars in the basket he took a jar from the already full box of jars, lifted it over his head, and threw it down into the basket shattering the jar. This is one of those moments that steam comes shooting out of my ears and I'm yelling at Bronson at the top of my lungs. "BRONSON WHAT ARE YOU DOING, WHAT ARE YOU DOING!?" After a second of being scared to death he started crying and headed up the stairs. Luckily I was able to calm down as fast as I heated up and met Bronson at the top of the stairs with a big hug and a very broken heart. He after all was doing just what I had asked him to - help me put all of the jars in the basket. It was I who failed to point out which jars and how to carefully handle the jars. And another luckily, Bronson instantly forgave me after I apologized to him. If someone would have yelled at me the way I yelled at Bronson, especially for something as stupid as that, and especially since they were the one at fault, I'm pretty sure I would never want to see them again.
I'll let you draw your own conclusions.
- I'll just mention that today was one of those instances when I didn't read and pray first thing in the morning or at all for that matter.

No comments: