3.19.2010

hip 2 save

Today I was a Kmart just grabbing a few things and the lady in front of me had a binder full of coupons.  She was going on talking to the cashier about how great all these coupons were and I butted in and said, "What in the world are you guys talking about?"  Long story short, she gave me a 10 dollar coupon off of a 20 dollar purchase, and I was excited.  


Have I known about couponing for a long time? Yes
Do most of my friends do it?  Yes
Do I like to save money?  Yes
Do I have the ambition to actually do it?  uh . . . . . . No

- for the most part, when I need something I go to the store and buy it, I hate collecting "stuff" just because it was a good deal.  I feel pretty proud of myself  just for price matching at Wal-mart, but that's usually as far as I go.  Anyway her friend who was with her (also carrying a huge binder full of coupons) told me about a great blog for great deals so I thought I'd pass it on.  Whether or not I'll actually have time to use it will remain to be seen.  I just know I saved 10 bucks at Kmart today from someone who had a "sickness" as she called for couponing.  So thanks coupon lady.

http://hip2save.blogspot.com/

3 comments:

Heather said...

I like the picture you found. I coupon every once in a while, but I am no pro at it. I too don't want to stock up on Cat food just because it was cheap. (and I don't have a cat).

Amber said...

I wish I had time to do it! I know you can get some seriously good deals!

AND, I would like to see the new carpet...so either post some, or I will have to come over.

UM, did you actually GET the new carpet...or did you like the smell of the carpet store! I know...drrrrrr!

Cherish said...

You were so lucky to use that coupon...they stopped accepting it very soon after they put it out, much to my dismay:)! I love hip2save...it's a fun website.