1.20.2010

Motherhood


There never was a child so lovely but 
his mother was glad to get him asleep.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Babies don't need fathers, but mothers do. 
Someone who is taking care of a baby 
needs to be taken care of.-Amy Heckerling

We worry about what a child will be tomorrow, 
yet we forgot that he is someone today.
-Stacia Tauscher

The lullaby is the spell whereby the mother 
attempts to transform herself back from 
an ogre to a saint. -James Fenton

Cleaning your house while your kids are still 
growing is like shoveling the walk before
 it stops snowing.-Phyllis Diller

Experts say you should never hit your children
 in anger. When is a good time? 
When you're feeling festive?-Roseanne

There is no point at which you can say, 
'Well, I'm successful now. 
I might as well take a nap.'
-Carrie Fisher

any more thoughts?

6 comments:

Amber said...

love it! I think I need to put these ALL on my fridge...and read them OFTEN!

btw...you are a great mom!

Our Family said...

We are so on the same page. I'm so glad your my friend.

Mel said...

Soooo true!! I love it!! I like the one about the lullaby, but in my house I've usually gone way off the deep end before it's lullaby time!!!:) I don't know if I'd be the ogre still, or something much worse!!:)

Kim said...

Wow, what great quotes. I could relate to them all. ;) Thanks for sharing them.

Heather said...

Good quotes. I was thinking about wearing a shirt that says "Don't judge me, I'm a mom."

We have good and bad days don't we?

Steph said...

Amen!