12.19.2009

highs and lows

December has been a busy month,  filled with the usual ups and downs of motherhood, and maybe a few more but I thought I'd share some of my favorite highlights.

~The other day I was washing some dishes while Levi was playing on the floor in the living room. I could hear him talking but when I looked over I couldn't see him anywhere.  I went on my Levi hunt and guess where I found him?  He brightened up my afternoon for sure.
~and of course nothing makes me smile like
 sleeping babies with their bums in the air :)

~Bronson sure had fun making his "anta choo choo" with Grandma.
~Just as satisfying if not more than your babies first smile, first steps, 

~ Today my dad is 60, and I'm pretty sure he's the best dad in the world.  
I don't know what I'd do with out him!
(and it's a good thing he's always wearing those silly hats, that way we can keep track of him)

~and oh yes, our basement is completely sheet rocked and looking FANTASTIC
 thanks to a hard working husband and father-in-law, yippee!

It's so easy to be overwhelmed with all of the negative things going on, 
I'm just very grateful for all the simple blessings I receive day to day!

4 comments:

Steph said...

I'm pretty sure he's the best dad too! Can't believe he's 60!
Way to find the simple blessings when you are frustrated with kids....I need to do that more.
some unwanted advice (i'm sure) do not start potty training yet! let him go when he wants to but don't push it. We started Landon young and he had so many relapses. Night time bed wetting etc. We waited till Davis was about 3.....so much easier, hardly ever wets at night, no relapses. It's night and day. a few more months of diapers is better than years of accidents... just my opinion. :)

Heather said...

My father-in-law wears those silly hats too. I love sleeping babies with their bums in the air too. ;)

Amber said...

yup, he's the best dad ever! And, those are two pretty cute little boys! Glad you see the good through all the bad!

Michelle said...

okay, maybe I won't be so gung ho about PT. That is a good point.