3.01.2009

Sweet lil' Levi

Here he is, safe and sound.  Levi was born on Wednesday Feb 25, at 10:20 pm.  We arrived at the hospital around 2  got hooked up to the antibiotic and a very low dose of pitocin, by 3:30 my contractions were "getting excitin".  I was already contracting when we got to the hospital but the pit gave me a little jump start.  Epidural at 4:00 then hangin' out till 7:30 and the antibiotic was in.  At this point I was still at a 4 but when the doc came to break my water at 8:00 I jumped to a 5.  By 10:00 I was at a 9 and they called the doc, she came in my room at about 10:10 and said, "Oh yeah his head is right here."  Everyone came in and got things set up, two contractions later he was here.  I couldn't believe how fast he came.  It was awesome to only have to push for 3 minutes instead of 45.  So far everything about having a second baby has been much much easier than the first.  
7 lbs. 12  oz.   20 in.   blonde hair
Bright eyed boy 
it's tough to be a newborn
ya, everything has been easier except . . . . . no explanation needed
Levi and Daddy.  Jared was a real trooper and stuck it out with me sleeping on the floor.  The pullout bed was a nightmare.  He decided to go buy a twin air mattress for the second night but it only lasted about 2 hours until it sprung a leak, so back to the floor it was.
Ready to go home.
Thank heaven for moms.  My mom came and stayed with us Friday night and all day Saturday.  What a life saver, it's been so hard to not be able to take care of Bronson the way he is used to.  I won't say how many times I've cried I'll just say it's been an emotional past few days.  We missed Bronson a lot.  Here he is helping Grandma vacuum, he doesn't do that when I vacuum however, and as it turns out there are quite a few things he'll do for Grandma that he won't do for me.  Oh well, thanks mom for all your help and support, it means the world to me.
I can't seem to keep his arms in his blanket, he loves his hands. We sure love him a lot too, he can best be described as an - A -N - G - E - L !

17 comments:

Amber said...

He is SOOOO beautiful! I'm so glad he is here safe and sound! remember sisters are good helpers too, and I'm not that far. We are so excited to have another little boy cousin to love! Congratulations guys, we love you!

Cherish said...

CONGRATULATIONS. He is so sweet. I still can't believe that my baby came before you had him though. I thought for sure you would have him first. I'm glad everything went well! Those air mattresses are the worst-- sorry Jared. Good Luck with 2 kiddos, just 1 is sooo much work :).

Amber said...

Michelle, he is so cute! Korver has always hated his hands wrapped in the blankets too. Congrats,we are so happy for you.

Natalie said...

Oh, Michelle! He is absolutely beautiful!! Congratulations you guys. I'll give you a call this week and set up a time to bring you some dinner Ü

Kim said...

What a sweet little boy! Baby #2 always seems to be much easier than #1. Love the picture of him with his arms above his head. Congratulations!

Heather said...

Gorgeous baby! I'm so glad that things are going so well for you. It is hard with two, but it is so much more fun...you'll see. I'll let you know how three is in a couple of weeks though. yikes! hopefully she won't give me too much trouble though. good luck and make sure you ask for help if you need it!

Mel said...

Congrats!!! He is beautiful!!

Bob n Robyn said...

Hey you two do great work, beautiful boy, so is the first one. Glad to see that everything is going well for you both or should I say quad,your family is growing.
Love ya
Bob & Robyn

Mandi said...

He is SOOOOOOOO YUMMY!!!!! You guys make the most beautiful babies (with one exception, ours). I wana love and snuggle that little man. I can't wait to meet him in person. We love you guys and hope all is well. Call if you need ANYTHING... Hang in there, I too remember the emotional roller coaster watching lil Faith try and do thing's with out mom by her side. It breaks your heart but it is so good for them and Bronson will be independent and a wonderful big brother soon. Time fly's. HUGS!

Catherine said...

He is beautiful. Congratulations. I am glad everything went really good for you.

That is crazy that Jared slept on the floor! wow! He is setting new standards for all these husbands. ha ha! I am impressed.

Steph said...

He is the CUTEST little guy! What a lucky boy to have such a great mom, dad, and big brother! We are so happy for you guys!
Please call me anytime, the boys would love to have Bronson over to play! The emotions are so much fun after childbirth, hang in there! and CONGRATS!

Loralee White said...

Michelle- Levi is SO cute. I love the name too. Congrats and good luck!

Kristin @ Navy Bean Lane said...

Oh i am so happy for you! He is just adorable (no surprise)!

The Buckley Family said...

Michelle and Jared -- Levi is too, too cute! I really love the name Levi -- so boyish, but also cute and modern! Congratulations -- we are very happy for you!

Our Family said...

I am so happy for you, I've seriously been thinking of you and plan on dropping by soon. He is such a beautiful baby, and I love the name! :)

Misty said...

Michelle, He is adorable! Congratulations to you guys! I'm so glad he got here healthy and safe! You are such a great Mom, he is lucky to have you!

Julie said...

Cute pictures. I can't believe you have two little guys now. I can imagine how emotional that would be. At Bronson's age he is probably still a handful. Joy!