2.15.2009

tic-tock, tic-tock

Here is the office, finally looking like a baby's room. 
It's a little bit of Polynesia and a little bit of other stuff too. 
If anyone happens to run into a little blue or brown rugby ball 
let me know. Ya, I still need a dust ruffle for the crib too.
It was crazy to pull out Bronson's clothes considering he was just 
wearing them last year at this time, and they were just way to cute
to only be worn once.
So here it is, sorry we had to scratch all of your name suggestions.  We finally started having luck when we threw out all the name rules.  I said let's just forget all of our neighbors names, family names, and people we don't like names, what name do you really like?  And Levi it is.  Levi Benjamin to be exact.  Last Friday I was dialated to a 2 and 70% effaced. This Friday I was a 3 and the doc says he weighs just over 7 lbs. (just a reminder my due date is 03-04)  Bronson was 7.6 when he was born and I was only a 1.5 cm when I was induced with him just one week beforehis due date, kinda crazy. I promised myself that I would only be induced again if he hadn't come by his due date, but I may get desperate we'll see.  Now that Bronson is starting to feel better I'm ready ANY time.
I thought I would share a pic of myself looking all cute at 9 months pregnant, but as you can see I couldn't get my whole body or even my whole hand to squeeze into the frame.  Pretty pathetic that my ring doesn't even make it to my knuckle any more.  One day I'll get that sucker back on.
"Fluctuate?  You make it sound like I'm retaining water. 
 I've gained 40 pounds in a week!"

I hope everyone had a great Valentines.  I woke up Saturday feeling totally emotionally overwhelmed and for some reason I could hardly move my left shoulder.  It was only a matter of time until I started to cry not knowing if I could do it today ("it" meaning being a mom).  Jared was sweet and stayed upstairs with me until I got a hold of myself.  By about 11 he was finally able to start cleaning more of our basement out so that he can start working on finishing the family room and bathroom soon.  After Bronson's nap we headed off to Wal-mart where we spent 200 bucks on um . . . . . stuff and then when Bronson was all tucked in for the night he made us dinner.  Now that's real romance.  Thanks honey you're my kinda guy.

10 comments:

Steph said...

CUTE name, CUTE room, cute fingers. I know that feeling. Just think soon your hands will be skinny and beautiful, and you will be THE mother of two amazingly beautiful boys!
I'm so glad the little dude is feeling better! Enjoy these last few days of having just one... for soon all... Just kidding Its gonna be GREAT! Call me if ya go into labor and I can come get the little guy.

Kim said...

Cute nursery. I love the name blocks, they turned out really cute. It's always so nice to have the stress of naming gone. Levi Buckley has a nice ring to it. ;)

Kristin @ Navy Bean Lane said...

It sounds like you just might have that little guy early!? Good luck with everything and let me know when you have him!

Clayton and Amber said...

I love the name and the room. The letters for his name are so cute. Hang in there, it is emotional being pregnant and a mom with sick kids. Good thing we have boys instead of girls...we have enough emotions! ha ha

Cherish said...

Fun Room! I love his name decoration. I did one for Suzie's room, but yours looks soooo much better.

I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one that just wants to Cry sometimes! This whole baby thing is a bit overwhelming with everything else :).

Oh, and You're all ready dilated to a 3! Lucky you! I'm so ready for to this baby & at the last doc appt I was still only at 1 centimeter. And as we were leaving the Doc. office Todd jokingly said, "Michelle's dilated to a 2 (Dave had told him), I was about to punch him, j/k.

Good Luck with everything!!

Natalie said...

You're such a great decorator! (Do you hire out?!?) Levi is a super cute name Ü and I'm sure he'll be a very cute baby! Hang in there. There's not much time left at all. You'll make it! If you need ANYTHING just holler...I can be there in 15 seconds (literally).

Amber said...

Oh this all a little too close to home, I am remebering pretty much my feelings over the ENTIRE summer...but in the end I had a beautiful perfect little boy, you will too, and it will all be worth the pain, the misery, the emotion, the weight, everything. I can't wait to meet him and kiss his chubby little cheeks. AND, the nursery is darling!

Heather said...

I know how you feel. Seriously, since our due dates are only 4 days apart, I KNOW how you feel! Levi is a cute name. I like your nursery too, it looks really organized. mine is still in the process of being put together and I just painted it yesterday. It is an emotional time right before the baby comes, we will survive though. Anyway, let us know when you have your little Levi.

Julie said...

The nursery is adorable. I love the art-are they textiles? That is my favorite sort of thing. Love it! You and Melissa have such cute decor. I can't tell if my rooms are ugly because I have bad taste, lack of vision, 80% hand-me-downs, or no money. :) Levi is a lucky kid and I really love the name! I'm excited for you.

Mel said...

Cute!!! I can't believe he's almost here! Good luck!!:)