I used to really like the month of January, a new fresh beginning, beautiful snow, it's hard to feel down about your birthday month . . . unless maybe you had your 4th baby the month before. January was a long one and yet it went by very fast. Somedays were better then others. As long as I don't have to go anywhere, 4 kids isn't too bad. But ya eventually we're gonna need groceries. Oh man I don't mean to sound like such a wimp I'll just say I feel a bit like I'm being put through motherhood boot camp and I am not quite in shape. Jared did for the first time since I've known him make me a birthday cake and topped it with all 32 candles, seems crazy that 16 years ago I was turning 16. I do fantasize a bit about a Downton Abby lifestyle with a maid, a cook, nanny, butler, and chauffeur, but I have gotten lots of help in all of these areas from my family and Jared. Couldn't have made it without them.
Right now Monday nights come with a bit of dread in that homework, dinner, baths and bed are quite enough to fill up the night and wear us out. So unfortunately FHE when we can force ourselves to do it, is very much an afterthought. Bronson was in charge of the activity and taught us about exercising. Jared didn't have much luck with push-ups with these guys on his back.
Bottoms up
How to do a push up . . . by Blake Buckley
When the stars are aligned and the baby is getting a good nap and the house isn't a total disaster . . we may just pull out a few things to make some fun projects.
Cute little baldy, about to get a lot balder. Austin slept in our room for a while with his light bed, then after that it was hard to put him in his room, he may have spent a few hours in bed next to me in the wee small hours of the morning, mostly because it worked to get him to go and stay asleep and I was much too sleepy to do anything else.
We had to do it sometime, I'm not a fan of baby grandpa hairstyles so off it went.
This is me on the first day of my quest to lose weight, I'm happy to report that not only have I not lost weight I have gained. So uh . . . hmmm . . . well . . . try try again.
Austin's little admirers, I'm pretty sure Tessa has held Austin way more than my boys . . . another reality of the forth baby, taking time for sentimentality is not typically on the agenda.
Silly Blake, he is so good at being 2.
January was a bit rough but I am very grateful for each of my boys. Honestly I can't believe how blessed we are to have them. It's amazing how much life changes with each new little family member, for the better of course but we just have to endure a bit of craziness for a while.
No comments:
Post a Comment