4.07.2013

Excited for Faith



I am very grateful for the opportunity I have each six months to participate in General Conference.  Every message is so inspired and in tune with needs of the members, I know this because I am such a member, but not just to members to the entire world.  Be obedient to God's commandments - yes!  So simple.  ALL of the commandments!  Speak softly to our children, pray with greater purpose.  Their is nobody so far lost that the Savior can't heal you. . . . .  faith, believe, bloom where you are planted . . . try harder to improve your marriage and being true partners with your spouse . . . virtue, chastity, I could go on and on.  I really loved it all.

I'm grateful for Sister Wixom's talk.  I love her, she has the perfect perspective concerning precious children, perspective that grumpy young mom's can easily lose, they don't mean to but they do.  I hope I can keep her talk fresh in my mind all the time.  Super Nanny is great but she is no Primary President :)  I also loved President Uchtdorf.  His talks hit home every time.  Sooo sooo good.  But I know it's because of who he is speaking for.  I really loved all of the messages I heard, (yes I did miss a few, I really love dvr for this reason, turning on a talk while I feed my baby or fold laundry is one of my favorite things to do)  Anyway I was also inspired by the great stories and messages between the sessions about missionary work.  I am a bit jealous that the missionary age wasn't changed when I younger, but I know that the time is right now, not then.  But the missionary excitement seemed very palpable.   So today I feel like my faith has been reignited, it feels really good, I haven't felt like this in quite a while.  I'm excited to try to be better, stronger, more faithful, to find more peace, you use kinder words, to improve my prayers.  I love conference, I love the Savior, I'm grateful for my testimony and for all of the many gentle nudges and tender mercies I just received.

2 comments:

Spaz said...

I love it too!

Spaz said...

-Ugh, This is heather Bremner, sorry!