3.30.2012

March Madness

Well, its official. We are no longer West Pointers. We closed on our home on Tuesday after a busy weekend and month of getting ready to move. And Wednesday we closed on our lot. So we now own a beautiful piece of dirt in West Layton free and clear.

March was a bit of a rough month. Pregnancy and all of it's life sucking realities make even keeping up with daily tasks a huge challenge, at least for me, so moving . . . . eeks. I'm just glad it's over. We also had a horrible round of both boys throwing up, and awful diarrhea. Then I got it. We've also added ear infections, coughs of course, yucky noses (a levi usual), and pink eye. Jared had a bit of a sick stomach as well but that may just have been from the stress of moving, not really sure where we were going to go, having to leave town at the end of the month for work, and having a wimpy wife and sick kids the majority of the month. We ended up camping in our house for about 2 weeks because closing was delayed. It wasn't fun, especially when you are sick. Bronson and Levi kept asking where all of their stuff went, it was pretty sad, they are really attached to their things. I also managed to loose a couple of things that I really intended on not loosing, #1 Jared's wedding band. Last I remember it was on my index finger while I was packing. And my cell phone charger . . . honestly trying to keep track of 100 things at once is not a good idea, especially for me. Moving really didn't seem to sad or emotional until the house was empty and all the chaotic mess was gone. Then room by room all the memories came back. We will miss our house, and neighborhood.

This was the only picture I managed to take of moving, the boys loved helping by climbing all over the trailer. This is us moving some things into Grandpa and Grandma's house. We've been here a week and they are starting to understand this is where we are living, not just sleeping over. We are going to keep our fingers crossed for about 8 months to build our home. It's going to be great, but a lot of work . . . . for Jared mostly. He left town this morning for Spokane, it should be a great opportunity for his career, but 3 1/2 weeks is the longest we've been apart. I'm sure he'll stay busy to help the time go, I however may be watching the clock.

With our move also came releases from our callings. It was sad. The thing that had me hesitating about moving the most was my calling. Serving in Primary was so great. My presidency became my best friends, as well as the 100+ kids. I think we were able to do a lot of good things, and also learn a lot of important lessons. The experience of leadership is something everybody needs to feel I think. It is really really hard sometimes, but the blessing were always there when I was doing what I should. Those added blessing will be missed.
Since we knew dad was heading out of town we went on a few family dates because quite frankly, we needed them. These dates have included, dinners I didn't have to cook :) "the Lorax", Boondocks, and it's always fun to have the balloon guy at Texas Road House. Just be careful who you wear on your shirt that day. They boys loved their balloons, the creepy armadillo however, we could do without.
Although Levi isn't a baby at all we still treat him like one. Hopefully it won't do any permanent damage. I hadn't taken any sleeping car seat pics lately so I decided I'd better. We are starting into potty training and I can see already how much easier this is going to be than with Bronson. Levi has been ready for a while but quite frankly in February I felt so crappy, then March was so crazy, I decided to wait. He often tells me he has to poop, but once on the toilet he just toots. "See mom, I poot, see? Look." Silly boy.

Here is a pic of peanut #3 weighing in around 5 oz. We found out on Tuesday is going to be a little brother. Minus the wrestling factor that seems to accompany all boys I am very excited. Jared said he thought it was a girl but relieved to hear it was a boy. I really thought it could be either but have been telling myself the whole time it was a boy. Anyway we are excited for this little baby. I am 16 weeks today. It's nice to finally start feeling like a person again. I still get tired pretty easily and run out of breath, but it's been much better than it was. My iron and low bp seem to be my stumbling blocks.

Besides all of this fun both Grandma Lynn and Grandma Frew haven't been doing well. G-ma had a small heart attack about 2 weeks ago, her heart actually stopped beating and they had to do a few chest compressions to get her going again. She was in the ICU receiving meds to help her heart keep beating. After a couple of days out of the ICU they moved her to a rehab center - which shouldn't have happened because she had pneumonia. She is now back in the hospital in Utah county making very slow progress with antibiotics, breathing treatments, and energy. She is a fighter that's for sure, she doesn't want to give up, she is 91.
Grandma Frew has been slowly going down hill and may not be with us for much longer. She in contrast is on cloud 9, very ready and anxious to pass. I don't blame her. We are very grateful for Grandma's. They sure have to put up with a lot, yet they still love us lots and lots.

Grandma Lynn has been a widow for over 16 years, I can't believe it's been that long.
I'm barely handling 3 1/2 weeks, and it's only been 1 day so far. I hope
neither Jared or I will have to be alone that long.
Grandma Frew has been a widow for almost 4 years. I think if she'd of had it her way it was 4 years too long. Being left behind is no fun.

I am so grateful for the plan of Salvation and to be able to teach our kids about it. Bronson already is slowly putting small pieces together. If he sees a picture of mom and dad and he's not in it, he knows it's because he was still living with Heavenly Father, and that's where our baby is too. I'm a bit nervous to have a newborn around again but also very excited for the sweet peace and love that new babies bring into homes.

So signing off, hoping for a better April. :)
Yippee for conference!


1 comment:

Haley Hill said...

I am so sad to see you guys go and so sad that we don't have our primary presidency anymore! You guys will really be missed. PLEASE keep posting updates about your family and your house because I want to know!