8.22.2010

a brief story

I was thinking today about what people are remembered for. When I am gone what is one great story that could be shared about me that my descendants would be proud to share and be connected to? Who really am I and what is it that I'm leaving behind?

Since I haven't kept a day to day record of my deepest thoughts and emotions picking out a specific story, well it doesn't really tell the whole story. I would just like to say that I am a girl that knows where she came from and knows where she wants to go. Yet each day I find myself failing over and over again. The simplest doctrines are often striking me like lightning, not because I don't understand them, but rather because I understand them very well but have chosen something else. In this stage of life with small children, often I've found myself wanting to be obedient only for the blessings that have been promised, something like a child who is offered a treat for obeying their parents. Feeling the necessity of those blessings I try to obey. But I've recently been reminded that . . . . . . well, I've fallen short, again. I do love the Lord and want to be obedient simply for obedience sake, because He's asked me to and I love Him. (any parents dream, to have their children obey simply because you asked them to, and because they love and trust you) So, that is my story, my life is a constant cycle of timely reminders. The gospel is true. It is real. The feeling that the Holy Ghost witnesses to me is like nothing I can describe with any sort of justice, only a very tender, personal embrace at just the right moments. So here I am, continually receiving reminders and continually wanting to become so much more than what I have. I am so grateful for a Savior who never gives up on me. I must be important to Him, and that means the world to me.

(I also love taking pictures and capturing moments that cannot otherwise be described)

No comments: