My baby is turning into a big boy. The 9m. visit isn't too bad
only two pokes instead of 5. Bronson weighs 19 lbs, (20%)
is 27 1/4 in. (15%) and I don't remember what his head was
but that was the 60%. His favorite part was grabbing the
ear uh. . . .thing and pulling it off of the wall. He is such
a little monkey. He has been able to get around for a
while, but over the last couple of days he's made some crawling
progress, going about 4 crawler steps before he resigns to
his belly. He's starting to pull open cupboards, pull him self up
(trying to stand) and just scaring his mommy. With all this fun
mobility nap time has become a bit of a joke. A few weeks ago
we had to lower his mattress (which was a sad day), I was looking
in the monitor to see if he as okay and his face was right in the
camera, which is up on his dresser. The crib is no longer
a safe haven for sleeping but a fun jungle gym.
So after about 30 min. of trying to lay him down,
rocking some more, trying mommy's bed, Bronson
has figured out he's pretty good at driving me nutty!
He thinks he's so funny, every time I go back in his room
to lay him down, his cries turn into giggles as he falls onto
his back. But that's not all, as he now can sit up by himself from
laying down, I probably have to go into his room about 10-15 times
during the night, as he will be sitting up in bed crying and
half asleep, sometimes all I have to do is lay him down, and others
requires about 5-10 min. of rocking then falling back asleep and
starting all over. It probably wouldn't seem like such a tragedy to
me, but we only enjoyed about a week of sleeping entirely through
the night before he started rolling over to his tummy and all
of this started. It's a good thing he's so cute otherwise you might
have to "put my picture in the monkey house."
Well I was getting a little stir crazy so I talked my sister Steph into
going to the zoo with us. This is Davis, Me, Bronson, and Landon.
(and my long lost relatives in the background)
We had tons of fun! Landon was a little timid to take a drink
from the lion drinking fountain, and while Davis was sitting on the
big wooden elephant it sneezed. Needless to say he
didn't like it very much. What fun cousins we have!
Bronson's favorite were the giraffes. After watching many a "Nature"
I think if I could be any animal it would be a Giraffe (even though
watching a baby giraffe be born was one of the weirdest things I've
ever seen) or an Elephant (as long as it wasn't a desert elephant).
And while I'm on the subject,"Dumbo" is the most depressing Disney
movie ever, what a downer. I would never want to be a lion or a
penguin. Top of the food chain, ha! These guys are retarded, but
in my defense we named Simba before I became a Nature addict.
I'm like one of those sport fans that yell at the TV, except I'm yelling
at these animals who can be so ruthless to each other. Anyway we
had a fun day at the zoo and I would recommend it to
anyone looking for a fun day!
and if you're annoyed that every time you look at my blog
I have a different background, me too! I'm trying to find
one I like so that I never have to change it again, but as you
can see I'm doing a terrible job, so I'm just gonna go with
plain Jane for a while, . . . . or day we'll see. :)
4 comments:
Thanks for the invite Shell, we had a lot of fun. My kids just came in and said we want to see the pictures of us in the jungle! Can we go again today mom? Then Landon saw the george on your blog and said, hey we never saw curious george there. ha ha. Minus the meltdown in the giftshop/parking lot it was a pretty great adventure! Feel free to put some pictures on my blog too! ;)
Man, what fun! I think Eleanore is about as big as Bronson. We go to the doc today, so we'll find out. Kids and sleep don't really seem to go together, eh? You're right...it is a good thing their cute! Sounds like a fun day at the zoo. You all should make a trip to FL sometime and we can hit Animal Kingdom together...I've heard it is really neat!
The Zoo is so fun. I need to take Paige.... Can you believe I have never taken her! I totally agree that Dumbo is the most depressing show. Why is it that the moms always die?? Bambie, Nemo, and poor Ariel doesn't even have a mom!!
Don't do it Michelle! Get the book "Good night sleep tight" by Kim west. It will save your life and Bronsons too. well, maybe not your life, but it will make bedtime/naptime easy. I swear by this book. my baby just lays down when I put him in the crib and goes to sleep. seriously.
take my advice. even if you don't want to be my friend anymore. ;)
Post a Comment